Chasing Waterfalls: Bokong Falls
Location: Sagada, Mountain Province
Types: Segmented, Slide horsetail
Of the waterfalls in the mountainous paradise called Sagada, Bokong Falls is the nearest and possibly the least strenuous. A short hike of 30 minutes amidst rice terraces and vegetable gardens, Bokong Falls is an interesting side trip. Also known as Small Falls, its 12-foot deep pool can be reinvigorating. It is a decent picnic ground as well.
How To Get There:
- From Manila via Banaue: take a Bontoc-bound Cable Tours bus. Travel time is 12 hours. Its bus terminal is located near the back of St. Luke’s Hospital in Quezon City.
- From Bontoc: take a jeep going to Batad Sagada. Travel time is 45 minutes.
- From Manila via Baguio: take a Baguio-bound Victory Liner bus. Travel time is five hours.
- From Baguio: take a Sagada-bound GL bus. Travel time is five hours.
- In Sagada: it is important to register at the Tourism Office and get a guide at the SaGGAs Office.
Note: This is part of LegendHarry‘s ambitious travel project: Chasing Philippine Waterfalls.