Chasing Waterfalls: Pongas Falls
Location: Sagada, Mountain Province
Types: Tiered, Fan horsetail, Slide horsetail
Just recently, the Sagada Genuine Guides Association or more popularly known as SaGGAs started to offer a new adventure. And that new adventure is a trek to Pongas Falls.
It is indeed quite an interesting adventure. The one -hour trek passes by rice terraces, hanging bridge, steep and winding paths.
Pongas has at least four falls, each distinct in features, breadth and majesty.
How To Get There:
- From Manila via Banaue: take a Bontoc-bound Cable Tours bus. Travel time is 12 hours. Its bus terminal is located near the back of St. Luke’s Hospital in Quezon City.
- From Bontoc: take a jeep going to Batad Sagada. Travel time is 45 minutes.
- From Manila via Baguio: take a Baguio-bound Victory Liner bus. Travel time is five hours.
- From Baguio: take a Sagada-bound GL bus. Travel time is five hours.
- In Sagada: it is important to register at the Tourism Office and get a guide at the SaGGAs Office.
Note: This is part of LegendHarry‘s ambitious travel project: Chasing Philippine Waterfalls.