Provincial Capitol: Ilocos Norte

featured_slider-Ilocos_Norte_Capitol

Located along JP Rizal Street the Ilocos Norte Provincial Capitol was erected in 1917 under the administration of Governor Florencio Castro.

Ilocos Norte CapitolThe Capitol was enlarged and remodeled in 1957 during the governorship of Antonio Arquiza. It was inaugurated on December 28, 1958, under Governor Toribio Peralta.

Ilocos Norte CapitolOn September 22, 2008, the first provincial seal was restored to its rightful place in the Capitol during the administration of Governor Michael Keon.

Ilocos Norte CapitolThe Neo Classical-designed Capitol is near to Laoag City’s main tourist attractions, namely, Museo Ilocos Norte, Marcos Hall of Justice, the Abolition of Tobacco Monopoly Monument, Sinking Bell Tower, and Cathedral of Saint William the Hermit.

Abolition of Tobacco Monopoly Monument Sinking Bell Tower

(1630)