Provincial Capitol: Cavite
One of the most historic provinces in the Philippines is Cavite, the birthplace of the country’s first president, General Emilio Aguinaldo.
Although it has been a created as a province by the Spanish authorities on March 10, 1872, the Philippine Commission approved Act No. 138 on June 11, 1901, extending the provisions of Act No. 83, otherwise known as The Provincial Government Act of 1901.
The provincial charter also included Lubang Island and other smaller islands adjacent to Lubang as part of its territory. The town of Cavite was designated as the capital until 1954.President Ramon Magsaysay approved Republic Act No. 981, the Charter of Trece Martires City, on May 24, 1954. RA 981 also called for the transfer of the provincial capital from Cavite City to this new city.
On June 11, 1977, President Ferdinand E. Marcos issued Presidential Decree No. 1163, transferring the provincial capital to the Municipality of Imus and designating Lot No. 4711 of the Imus Estate as the provincial government center. However, PD 1163 was never implemented and Trece Martires City is the de facto seat of government while Imus City is the de jure capital.