As I marvel at the beauty and splendor of Batad Rice Terraces, I kept thinking on to how many ways to do in Batad. I rumbled and mumbled a few.
- appreciate the greatness, visionary mindset, engineering and architectural skills, persistence, hard work, and patience of our ancestors.
- go down and take a dip at Tappiyah Falls.
- go up and really up to the highest point of Batad and see a different perspective from there.
- if you need to contact the outside world, there’s a Globe/TM signal at Ramon’s Homestay; sorry Smart and Sun subscribers.
- take part in some chores like pound coffee or rice; I say the aroma is heavenly.
- stay at Hillside Inn if you want the best view the amphitheater-like rice terraces.
- stay at Ramon‘s if you want sleep at traditional Ifugao houses and know more about their culture.
- stay at Rita‘s if you want to witness the sunrise.
- try Ramon‘s locally brewed coffee and in-house pizza.
- wear traditional dresses for a photo opp but don’t forget to give tips.
- get a guide or a porter; your money helps the local big time!