According to Section 1 of Act No. 113 approved by the Philippine Commission on April 11, 1901, all the provisions of The Provincial Government Act of 1901 was extended to a provincial government in that territory in the Island of Panay known as the Province of Iloilo, including the Comandancia of Concepcion.
Located beside the imposing new provincial capitol is called the Casa Real. Made of wood and stone during the Spanish colonial era, the Casa Real was the seat of the provincial government for a century or since Iloilo became a province in 1901 and until 2001. During the Second World War, it was used by the Japanese Imperial Army.
Note: This is part of LegendHarry‘s July 30-August 8, 2013 Panay Island Backpacking Trip.