- Don Rosendo Mejica was born in Baluarte, Molo, Iloilo on March 1, 1873.
- He became the first Certified Public Accountant in Iloilo.
- In 1902, he founded the Baluarte Elementary School.
- He was a town councilor for a period of 30 years, from 1906 to 1936; thus regarded as the Dean of Municipal Councilors of Iloilo.
- In 1913, he established and edited Makinaugalingon, the longest existing Ilonggo publication from 1913 to 1946.
- In 1914, he organized and headed a labor union.
- He translated into Hiligaynon some of the works of Dr. José P. Rizal, Marcelo H. Del Pilar, and Graciano Lopez Jaena.
- Considered as the Dean of Visayan Journalists.
- In 1973, the National Historical Committee put a marker in the house of Don Rosendo Mejica as a recognition to this contributions in Iloilo history and society.
- The house is now a museum.
Note: This is part of LegendHarry‘s July 30-August 8, 2013 Panay Island Backpacking Trip.