The Church of San Juan Bautista is perched on an elevated part of the town of Jimenez, Misamis Occidental. Its construction was initiated by Father Roque Azona 1862. In 1891, it was completed by Father Constancio Asencio who also installed a pipe organ. Like other Spanish Colonial Era churches, the tabique pampango technique was used in the construction.
Arguably, Church of San Juan Bautista is the best preserved church in the island of Mindanao. Hence on July 31, 2001, it was one of the Philippine colonial churches declared by the National Museum as a national cultural treasure. The National Commission for Culture and the Arts had identified and selected it as one of 26 Spanish Colonial Era churches to be under its conservation program
Note: This is part of LegendHarry‘s Oct 1-10, 2013 Zamboanga Peninsula-Northern Mindanao-ARMM-Davao Regions Backpacking Trip.