Your Next Beach Destination: Masasa Beach in Tingloy Island
One of the under-the-radar beach destinations near metropolitan Manila is Masasa Beach in the island municipality of Tingloy in Batangas. Masasa does not boast the finest of white sands but its long beach and turquoise waters more than made up for it to become an idyllic weekend camp site. The friendly people and laid-back community are a natural attraction, too. Visitors can also hike to the Mag-asawang Bato.
- Take a Batangas City-bound bus in Kamias or in Buendia, preferably via STAR Tollway to save time.
- From the Grand Terminal in Batangas, ride a Mabini-bound jeepney. Travel time is approximately 45 minutes. Fare is P35.
- In Anilao (Mabini), ride a boat going to Tingloy (10:30am, 1200 noon, 1pm, 2pm). Travel time is 45 minutes and fare is P70. Return trips are at 6am, 7am, 8am, and 9am.
- In Tingloy, ride a tricycle going to Masasa. Fare is P30.
- From the jump off point, walk down going to Masasa Beach which is 1km or so.
- Bring provisions (water, food), equipment and tools (cookset, headlamp/flashlight, tent), and other essentials such as personal toiletries, malong or shawl, sleeping bag.
- You can pick up some woods along the beach for your bonfire.
- Don’t trash the beach. Bring along with you your garbage.
- Have fun but don’t be rowdy and troublesome at the expense of the other campers.