One of the districts of the defunct Moro Province and later known as the Department of Mindanao and Sulu was Davao. Davao and Agusan, Bukidnon, Cotabato, Lanao, Sulu, and Zamboanga were converted to provinces when the Philippine Commission approved Act No. 2408 (under Chapter II, The Provincial Governments; Article 8, Preliminary Provisions; Section 19) on September 1, 1914. Because of its sheer size owing to the fact that it nearly occupied one-fifth of the island of Mindanao, the Davao province was further subdivided into three: Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur, and Davao Oriental. On May 8, 1967, President Ferdinand E. Marcos signed into lawRead More →